Sunday, September 13, 2009

Spring in2 it! Challenge!

Last week I began the 10 week fun fitness and food challenge at Otago Polytechnic. The focus is for us to think about healthy living being fun which, ideally, should then have a flow-on effect to the workplace ie a 'happy workplace' because we are all feeling much better about ourselves.

We are encouraged to complete an on-line diary each day to record our fluid consumption, how much exercise we have had and whether we have eaten 5+ a day fruit and vegetables. I was a little disappointed that there is no place on this diary to record how I feel each day particularly if I have either done well with the exercise/fluid intake requirements or perhaps didn't do any exercise or drink enough! So, hence, the 'blog'.

Upon reflection, I started the week well and walked on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. On Thursday I went out for lunch at Technique where I did eat well and enjoyed every morsel. On Friday other things happened which left me no time for a lunch time walk. I did manage to drink at least a litre of water or more each day so that was an improvement.

I have some personal goals for this 10 week programme - mainly to do with weight (!!) but also to do with feeling much better about myself which the fresh air, exercise, as well as healthy eating will certainly contribute to.

2 comments:

Veronique said...

Thanks for sending through the link to your blog Catherine. I'm sure that thinking and writing about our experiences will enable us to get more out of the 'spring in2 it' challenge. I really enjoyed our walk at lunchtime. Keep up the good work!

Heather Day said...

Well done starting a blog about the challenge. I'm looking forward to lots of positive outcomes from this experience and I'm delighted that we have such a positive and motivated Team Captain :)