Monday, May 9, 2011

Personal Trainer!

Recently I received an email from a Programme Manager at the Otago Institute of Sport & Adventure at Otago Polytechnic with an invitation to think about engaging the support of a Year 2 Personal Training Student to help me "battle the fitness, body and mood changes that accompany Hibernation!"

The deal is that I would need to meet with my assigned Personal Training Student, undergo some relevant fitness testing and join the World Fitness Centre (at a cost!)

I don't do gyms! and I especially don't do lycra!

However, after reading the email I selected Reply & yesterday I met with my very own PT, Jasmine. Jasmine needed information from me about my current exercise programme (oops), health status as well as my goals or intentions for wanting to participate in this programme.

My main goals would be around health & well being, motivation to actually be more active and, of course, weight loss!

I will be having a fitness test later this week - & that will be interesting, won't it?

Watch this space for progress reports.

No comments: