Sunday, October 18, 2009

Spring in2it! Week 6

Another week with very little activity, I'm disappointed to report. It was very busy at work & there were lunchtime meetings/presentations that I went to which prevented me from having lunchtime walks! Why didn't I walk in the evenings? There were things happening then too! Meeting on Wednesday night, my birthday on Thursday night, and on Friday I had the day off & went to Christchurch for the weekend.

I did have a lovely walk on Saturday morning in a wetlands area in Burwood where there is a lot of flax (harakeke) and new plantings of kahikatea and kowhai. There is a lot of birdlife there - it is now a sanctuary for birds as well. So about a 50minute walk.

Does walking around shopping malls for several hours count as exercise? That is probably debatable. I think that I probably ate a lot and had a few wines as well. Oh dear!

Greater effort required this week!

No comments: